At Paramount Resources Ltd. we’re driven by a passion to be the best. Paramount is dynamic, fast-moving and not content with the status quo. A combination of focused approach, technical expertise and financial depth has propelled us into one of the top exploration and production companies in Canada. We’ve been in business since 1978 and our most recent acquisition of Apache Canada Ltd. and merger with Trilogy Energy Corp. have us poised for tremendous growth.
While our continued progress can be attributed to many factors, our people are the primary reason for Paramount’s success. Our premium land positions, diversified portfolio and financial flexibility set the stage for our talented teams to showcase their proven ability to deliver top-tier results.
We demonstrate a culture of operational excellence and deliver on our promises. Paramount takes pride in our track record of protecting the environment while responsibly developing Canada’s natural resources, and strives to instill high EH&S standards at all levels of operations. We understand that economic development is a key factor in building strong communities and we are committed to fostering a culture that respects the people involved in all facets of our work and in the communities in which we operate.
Paramount is involved and invested in many community groups, and the pillars of our corporate giving – healthcare, education and recreation – help provide the tools to build strong communities.
Be part of the energy – join Paramount today!
We’re a Canadian company based in Calgary, Alberta, and our shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol POU.
About this Opportunity
This one-year contract support role within IS reports to the Corporate Applications Manager and will support the sustainment of corporate application solutions for a variety of business units. This role has the potential to become a full-time staff position.
The Corporate Applications team is looking for an enterprising, diligent, self-motivated individual to engage directly with the Business to support current applications and leverage new technology to solve complex business problems.
- Provide functional support and application issue resolution for various corporate applications including Maximo, Qbyte FM, AFE Navigator, Open Invoice, CS Land, PAS, etc.
- Focuses on the analysis of issues and opportunities that are of priority and aligned to business strategy
- Interface with business counterparts and other IS teams to maximize application serviceability
- Spearhead solution training and development of reference documentation
- Support application implementation & enhancement initiatives:
- Contribute during information gathering sessions with the Business to ensure that requirements and processes are accurately documented, and the technology implemented meets the expectations of the Business
- Participate and coordinate integration and user acceptance testing (includes preparation of acceptance criteria, test plans & scenarios and results validation)
- Support the business in defining and documenting efficient business practices
- Support Paramount’s Operations policies, procedures and specifications through adaptation and configuration of applications
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in Oil & Gas
- 3-5 years experience with key Corporate Applications such as:
Qbyte FM AFE Navigator
CS Land Open Invoice
- Experience with SQL in Oracle
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, detail oriented, self-starter
- Strong organizational skills to compliment priority and deadline management
- Aptitude for problem-solving and management of business requests
- Strong understanding of data quality and integrity
Paramount is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. Interested candidates who have the required qualifications and wish to apply may submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Paramount invites all qualified applicants to apply before the closing date of February 26, 2019.