At Paramount Resources Ltd. we’re driven by a passion to be the best. Paramount is dynamic, fast-moving and not content with the status quo. A combination of focused approach, technical expertise and financial depth has propelled us into one of the top exploration and production companies in Canada. We’ve been in business since 1978 and our most recent acquisition of Apache Canada Ltd. and merger with Trilogy Energy Corp. have us poised for tremendous growth.
While our continued progress can be attributed to many factors, our people are the primary reason for Paramount’s success. Our premium land positions, diversified portfolio and financial flexibility set the stage for our talented teams to showcase their proven ability to deliver top-tier results.
We demonstrate a culture of operational excellence and deliver on our promises. Paramount takes pride in our track record of protecting the environment while responsibly developing Canada’s natural resources, and strives to instill high EH&S standards at all levels of operations. We understand that economic development is a key factor in building strong communities and we are committed to fostering a culture that respects the people involved in all facets of our work and in the communities in which we operate.
Paramount is involved and invested in many community groups, and the pillars of our corporate giving – healthcare, education and recreation – help provide the tools to build strong communities.
Be part of the energy – join Paramount today!
We’re a Canadian company based in Calgary, Alberta, and our shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol POU.
About this Opportunity:
This senior technical liaison role within IS reports to the IS Applications Manager and will support the development, implementation and sustainment of business application solutions at Paramount.
The Applications team is looking for an enterprising, diligent, collaborative, self-motivated individual to engage with business stakeholders to address needs requiring IT based solutions and contribute to the ongoing sustainment and governance of the applications portfolio.
- Point of contact for business stakeholders in resolving application issues and requests
- Provide recommendations for solutions or improvements to business processes that can be accomplished through new technology or utilization / optimization of existing technology
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to identify and analyze business needs, conducting requirements gathering, and defining scope and objectives
- Document the relationship between application system components (end users, processes, data, application, etc.) and translate business requirements into application requirements
- Support Paramount’s Operations policies, procedures and specifications through adaptation and configuration of applications
- Provide advanced technical and functional support on a wide variety of oil and gas business applications
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation to guide system users and assist with the ongoing operation, maintenance, and development of the system
- 10+ years experience in Oil & Gas
- Experience with a variety of Oil & Gas applications (i.e.: Qbyte FM, Execute, CS Land, Open Invoice, Maximo, GeoScout, etc.) and business intelligence/analytic tools (i.e.: Power BI, Spotfire)
- Experience with SQL in Oracle
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform -- Power Apps, Power Virtual Agents, Power Automate
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: able to interact and develop relationships with business stakeholders and subject matter experts; strategic thinker
- Strong organizational skills to compliment multi-tasking, business acumen
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Business analysis and process modeling skills
- Experience in a technical leadership role (i.e.: Team Lead or Project Lead)
Paramount is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. Interested candidates who have the required qualifications and wish to apply may submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Paramount invites all qualified applicants to apply before the closing date of March 5, 2021.