At Paramount Resources Ltd. we’re driven by a passion to be the best. Paramount is dynamic, fast-moving and not content with the status quo. A combination of focused approach, technical expertise and financial depth has propelled us into one of the top exploration and production companies in Canada. We’ve been in business since 1978 and our most recent acquisition of Apache Canada Ltd. and merger with Trilogy Energy Corp. have us poised for tremendous growth.
While our continued progress can be attributed to many factors, our people are the primary reason for Paramount’s success. Our premium land positions, diversified portfolio and financial flexibility set the stage for our talented teams to showcase their proven ability to deliver top-tier results.
We demonstrate a culture of operational excellence and deliver on our promises. Paramount takes pride in our track record of protecting the environment while responsibly developing Canada’s natural resources, and strives to instill high EH&S standards at all levels of operations. We understand that economic development is a key factor in building strong communities and we are committed to fostering a culture that respects the people involved in all facets of our work and in the communities in which we operate.
Paramount is involved and invested in many community groups, and the pillars of our corporate giving – healthcare, education and recreation – help provide the tools to build strong communities.
Be part of the energy – join Paramount today!
We’re a Canadian company based in Calgary, Alberta, and our shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol POU.
About this Opportunity
The Senior Payroll Analyst will be a key member of Paramount’s People Operations Payroll team. For this position you will be expected to apply effective Payroll Administration practices in order to provide payroll support to various employee client groups. The ideal candidate will have experience in the area of payroll and a working knowledge of benefits, work schedules and taxable benefits. You will also have the ability to interface with employees and to use critical thinking skills to resolve complex problems.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process payroll for salaried and hourly employees for Bi-Weekly pay processing, with accuracy and efficiency and audit payroll reports for each payroll run to confirm accuracy prior to final review
- Ensure full compliance with Canadian payroll processes and procedures with all federal, provincial, and local regulations
- Maintaining payroll information for operations/field employees by collecting, preparing and inputting compensation data, pay rate, hourly, per diem, camp rates, etc.
- Updating payroll records by entering changes in insurance coverage, job titles, department transfers, etc.
- Preparing payroll journal entries and maintaining GL Mapping
- Preparing reconciliations between accounting and payroll records for JV Audits
- Complete annual CRA requirements including year-end processes T4’s
- Manage the end of year payroll process including manual changes such as for automobile taxable benefits
- Create custom reports and analysis to support various business units
- Utilize system data to identify and assess trends, and proactively diagnose and address areas of need
- Resolve issues related to payroll questions and provide recommendation on best practices related to new payroll codes or allowances
- Provide support to the People Operations (Human Resources) and other departments as required.
- Provide backup and support for the other Senior Payroll Analyst or Manager, Payroll & HRMS as required
- Train leaders and employees on self-service system access including time & attendance approval function
- Other duties as may be assigned
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS & MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree is strongly preferred
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation with preference given to Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation from the Canadian Payroll Association
- 5 + years’ payroll administration experience
- Comprehensive understanding and solid working knowledge of Canadian payroll legislation and practices
- Comprehensive understanding of Alberta Employment Standards
- Demonstrated solid team player who promotes a culture of professionalism, integrity, quality and teamwork
- Previous experience with an upstream Oil & Gas company would be considered an asset
PRIMARY PERFORMANCE & LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES/COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to interact and build relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service focus, including the ability to handle and manage competing priorities simultaneously
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office
- Previous experience with the HR and Payroll functions of ADP Workforce Now would be considered an asset
- Ability to work effectively and independently
- Demonstrated superior organization skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and a sense of teamwork
- Able to adapt and change in a fast-paced environment
- Proven reputation for honesty, integrity, maturity, sound business judgement and high ethical standards
Paramount is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. Interested candidates who have the required qualifications and wish to apply may submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Paramount invites all qualified applicants to apply before the closing date of October 28, 2019.