Paramount is dynamic, fast-paced and unsatisfied with the status quo. A combination of focused approach, technical expertise and financial depth has propelled us into being one of the top exploration and production companies in Canada. While our continued progress can be attributed to many factors, our people are the primary reason for Paramount’s success. Our premium land positions, diversified portfolio and financial flexibility set the stage for our talented teams to showcase their proven ability to deliver top-tier results.
We’re a Canadian company based in Calgary, Alberta and our shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol POU.
About this Opportunity / Primary Responsibilities:
This role reports to the Director, Corporate Finance in the Calgary office.
The Corporate Finance Analyst will be an integral member of the Corporate Finance team, supporting the Director, Corporate Finance in key activities including:
- Banking and treasury operations:
- ongoing compliance with and interpretation of credit agreements
- periodic renewals
- liaison with the bank syndicate
- other day-to-day banking and treasury matters
- Risk management programs:
- insurance, including annual renewals and claims management
- foreign exchange management and strategy
- counterparty credit
- Analytical and transaction support, including to other departments
- Credit rating agency liaison and support
- Evaluation, planning and execution of capital market transactions
- Other ad hoc projects and assignments
Qualifications / Personal Characteristics:
- University degree in finance, business, accounting or related area
- Professional designation (CFA, MBA, CPA) is preferred
- Minimum five years of work experience in treasury, corporate finance, corporate banking and/or investment banking; insurance related experience would be an asset
- Advanced Excel, financial modeling, and PowerPoint capabilities; proficiency with Bloomberg would be an asset
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills and an ability to effectively collaborate across the organization
- Keen attention to detail while maintaining the ability to see the broader picture
- Motivated self-starter, able to handle significant and varied workloads
- Creative, flexible and adaptive; a lateral thinker
- A person of unquestioned integrity whose personal conduct both on and off the job reflects favourably upon themselves and the company
Paramount is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. Interested candidates who have the required qualifications and wish to apply may submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Paramount invites all qualified applicants to apply.