At Paramount Resources Ltd. we’re driven by a passion to be the best. Paramount is dynamic, fast-moving and not content with the status quo. A combination of focused approach, technical expertise and financial depth has propelled us into one of the top exploration and production companies in Canada. We’ve been in business since 1978 and our most recent acquisition of Apache Canada Ltd. and merger with Trilogy Energy Corp. have us poised for tremendous growth.
While our continued progress can be attributed to many factors, our people are the primary reason for Paramount’s success. Our premium land positions, diversified portfolio and financial flexibility set the stage for our talented teams to showcase their proven ability to deliver top-tier results.
We demonstrate a culture of operational excellence and deliver on our promises. Paramount takes pride in our track record of protecting the environment while responsibly developing Canada’s natural resources, and strives to instill high EH&S standards at all levels of operations. We understand that economic development is a key factor in building strong communities and we are committed to fostering a culture that respects the people involved in all facets of our work and in the communities in which we operate.
Paramount is involved and invested in many community groups, and the pillars of our corporate giving – healthcare, education and recreation – help provide the tools to build strong communities.
Be part of the energy – join Paramount today!
We’re a Canadian company based in Calgary, Alberta, and our shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol POU.
About this Opportunity
Reporting to the Maintenance Foreman, the Maintenance Planner/Scheduler position will be responsible for the management of work related to mechanical/rotation equipment programs in the Kaybob Region. The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-discipline team on a 4&3 schedule (Monday-Thursday). This role is for a 6-month contract with the potential for extension.
Job functions will involve:
- Provide direct day-to-day mechanical/rotating equipment maintenance planning/scheduling. In conjunction with the Operations staff, utilize the current maintenance and planning database (Maximo)
- Responsible for planning/scheduling work orders where required
- Work closely with Production Foreman/ Maintenance Foreman/Operations/ Maintenance Planners/Schedulers to ensure that work priorities are defined and work maintenance schedules prepared
- Work with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering teams to organize and optimize job plans
- Develop and manage all work related to Planning/Scheduling routine and Preventative Maintenance (PM), turnarounds and overhauls of mechanical/rotating equipment in the field and plants within the operating areas using the work management system (Maximo)
- Where required, conduct Environment, Health & Safety Assessments as part of the job planning preparation
- Manage all field work related to Multisector Air Pollution Release Regulations (MSAPR)
- Provide support for engineering for drawings and documentation required to ensure MOC and NCR’s are completing in a timely manner
- Ensure required stakeholders (Engineers, Trades, Operators, Contractors, etc.) have all the required procedures, pre-job safety information, risk assessments, check sheets, etc. required to conduct work safely
- Implement/monitor management systems and computer programs for equipment performance, maintenance initiatives/performance, inventory, training and reporting requirements
- Determine and document the required tasks, labor, materials and associated costs required to execute each Work Order in adherence to all established processes. Initiate and execute required activities to comply with established Management of Change processes.
- Provide documentation (via attachment to Work Orders) required for assigned personnel to execute the work in a safe, value-added fashion (i.e. procedures, safety or hazard information, check sheets, schematics, etc.) and ensure warranty work is accurately identified and associated standard claim processes are adhered to
- Review all completed Work Order packages for follow-up actions, continuous improvement, quality assurance, performance analysis and invoice validation
- Provide support for the planning of over hauls, extensive turnarounds and the annual budgeting process
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of ten years operational or trades experience with a strong background in operations & mechanical/rotating equipment
- Previous experience as a Maintenance Planner/Scheduler an asset
- Must have accomplished a High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- A related Technical Diploma or Journeyman Certificate (or equivalent) would be considered an asset
- Previous experience with Maximo or equivalent maintenance management system
- Proven knowledge and experience with mechanical/rotating equipment management, safety, and environment regulatory compliance requirements and cost control
- Experience in work management, preventive maintenance, asset life cycle management, key performance indicators, process optimization, and performance management
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the use of Management of Change processes
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, organizational, time management, interpersonal, and discipline to process skills
- The successful candidate will reside in the Fox Creek, AB area or in close proximity
This position will provide you with an opportunity to leverage your skills in support of a nimble, Canadian-based energy company. Interested candidates who have the required qualifications and wish to apply may submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Paramount invites all qualified applicants to apply before the closing date of January 23, 2021.