About this Opportunity
This is a diversified opportunity to work in different functional areas in Supply Chain. With direct hands-on-training you can be part of a high performing team, closely working with key leaders across the organization, in a growing company.
As a member of Paramount Resources Ltd.’s Supply Chain team, you will be responsible for driving best-in-class commercial and operational performance through effective contract negotiations and execution and acquisition of materials, equipment and services.
This full-time employee position reports to Supervisor, Supply Chain Management. The Supply Chain Analyst will work with the Operations, Information Services, Engineering Project Managers, and Supply Chain peers in sourcing materials and services, allowing for the timely construction of facility and pipeline projects and on-going Operations and Maintenance requirements. The role includes forming, executing and analysis of contracts, RFQs, RFPs and materials and service/construction Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders.
You have a firm understanding of Supply Chain and the operational aspects of Facilities, Operations, and Surplus Management functions in the Oil & Gas industry. Supply Chain governance experience / exposure would be an asset. Ideal candidate is familiar with the entire SCM work-flow cycle.
Job functions will involve:
- Support of overall procurement activities through negotiation and drafting of all contract elements including bid specification development, supplier sourcing, bid evaluation, license, support and maintenance agreements, service level agreements, contract award and supplier management
- Manage supplier compliance through KPIs, vendor management and supplier business and performance reviews
- Creation of Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, RFQs, RFPs’, and contracts responsible for the procurement of materials and services for projects executed by:
- Operations and Maintenance
- Information Services
- Facilities Engineering
- Operations Engineering
- Prepare purchase orders by verifying forecasts and specifications from Project Managers
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies using benchmarking, RFP process, supplier evaluation and negotiations
- Form and execute contracts aligned with negotiated terms
- Leverage buying power to help negotiate contracts, achieve preferred pricing, and develop favorable terms and conditions
- Establish professional lines of contact with stakeholders to ensure that all purchase orders, contracts, and award decisions are accurate
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Supply Chain, Commerce or Finance-related Post-Secondary education is an asset
- Designations or training from relevant professional bodies (e.g. SCMA, ISM, etc.) are an asset
- 5-7 years of directly-related Supply Chain work experience with significant exposure to Facilities, IT and Operations
- Working knowledge of Oil & Gas Upstream operating equipment and associated standard maintenance and integrity work management processes
- Working knowledge of facilities, construction, pipeline operations, and Operations and Maintenance - or any combination of these
- Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) experience is an asset
- Highly effective negotiation skills to obtain best value pricing and contract terms
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard purchase order software platforms
Paramount is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. Interested candidates who have the required qualifications and wish to apply may submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Paramount invites all qualified applicants to apply before the closing date of October 1, 2021.