Paramount is dynamic, fast-paced and unsatisfied with the status quo. A combination of focused approach, technical expertise and financial depth has propelled us into being one of the top exploration and production companies in Canada. While our continued progress can be attributed to many factors, our people are the primary reason for Paramount’s success. Our premium land positions, diversified portfolio and financial flexibility set the stage for our talented teams to showcase their proven ability to deliver top-tier results.
We’re a Canadian company based in Calgary, Alberta and our shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol POU.
About this Opportunity
Reporting to the Senior Operations Foreman, the General Laborer will place a high priority on health, safety and environment. The chosen candidate will have a basic understanding of oil & gas operations, work to exceed the high-level goals and objectives of the organization, thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment and able to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
Job Functions Will Involve:
- Ensuring Environment, Health & Safety are a top priority, and completing all work with a safety conscious attitude.
- Ensure compliance with Permit to Work Safe Work Practice – ie: responsibilities as Permit Receiver, completing Hazard Assessments (FLHA), Control of Hazardous Energy.
- Performing operating assignments and maintenance on facility safety equipment.
- Review, understand and fully utilize Paramount’s safety and operational procedures and standards in performing all facets of work.
- Work with the Operations Team on preventative maintenance and ensure equipment is running efficiently and safely.
- Maintain quality control for assigned work tasks.
- Participate in review, modifications or development of facility procedures as required.
- Ensure all safety documentation is completed for all assigned work projects in the field or plant environments.
- Complete incident reporting, as per Incident Management Safe Work Practice.
- Daily duties may include supporting operations in pipeline pigging, safety watch, safety backup, breathing air equipment management, general labor to support journeyman trades, yard maintenance, lease water management and project support.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have accomplished a High School Diploma.
- PFO/GPO industry training courses, or equivalent would be an asset.
- Safety Industry Training Courses would be an asset.
- Valid H2S and First Aid certifications and hold a Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Support operations in Safety Watch, Safety Backup, Breathing Air Equipment/Air Trailer Management.
- Manage Breathing Air Compressor Fill Station and distribution centers maintaining proper documentation, breathing air analysis and compressor service intervals completed.
- Air Trailer Maintenance duties - inventory checklists for all units, TDG Form Documentation, equipment checks & minor repairs.
- Skid Steer Operation with Snow removal, mulching, and routine lease maintenance.
- Wellsite Inspections, (D13) Pipeline Pigging and Relief Operating would be an asset.
- Good understanding of business concepts in order to minimize costs.
- Must be a strong team player with excellent communication, problem solving, decision-making, well organized, reliable and excellent attention to detail skills.
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs. Must be able to learn, adhere and work with all Paramount based software programs.
- Proactive and self-starter that demonstrates initiative and an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, partners and stakeholders.
- Have a creative, open-minded approach with the ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
Paramount is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. Interested candidates who have the required qualifications and wish to apply may submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Paramount invites all qualified applicants to apply before the closing date of May 17, 2021.