At Paramount Resources Ltd. we’re driven by a passion to be the best. Paramount is dynamic, fast-moving and not content with the status quo. A combination of focused approach, technical expertise and financial depth has propelled us into one of the top exploration and production companies in Canada. We’ve been in business since 1978 and our most recent acquisition of Apache Canada Ltd. and merger with Trilogy Energy Corp. have us poised for tremendous growth.
While our continued progress can be attributed to many factors, our people are the primary reason for Paramount’s success. Our premium land positions, diversified portfolio and financial flexibility set the stage for our talented teams to showcase their proven ability to deliver top-tier results.
We demonstrate a culture of operational excellence and deliver on our promises. Paramount takes pride in our track record of protecting the environment while responsibly developing Canada’s natural resources, and strives to instill high EH&S standards at all levels of operations. We understand that economic development is a key factor in building strong communities and we are committed to fostering a culture that respects the people involved in all facets of our work and in the communities in which we operate.
Paramount is involved and invested in many community groups, and the pillars of our corporate giving – healthcare, education and recreation – help provide the tools to build strong communities.
Be part of the energy – join Paramount today!
We’re a Canadian company based in Calgary, Alberta, and our shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol POU.
About this Opportunity:
Paramount is known for its strong capabilities in the execution of creative, innovative and value-adding strategic, financing and capital markets transactions and is seeking a well-qualified professional to join the team.
This position is based in our Calgary office and reports to the Vice President Finance, Capital Markets. Title will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitoring, evaluation, structuring and execution of capital markets and other transactions
- Maintaining and developing banking relationships
- Oversight and maintenance of the Company's credit agreements and ISDA agreements, including compliance and periodic renewals
- Support the Company's finance-related risk management programs, including but not limited to:
- Management and reporting of counterparty credit risk
- Evaluation, implementation and maintenance of finance risk management strategies
- Annual review and renewal of the Company's insurance program
- Oversight of the timely reporting and resolution of insurance claims
- Assistance in the oversight of day-to-day treasury and banking operations
- Debt capital markets investor relations activities
- Maintaining relationships with credit rating agencies and supporting periodic ratings review processes
- Transaction and analytical support, including to other departments
- Other special projects and assignments
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree
- Professional designation such as a CPA or CFA, or an MBA is preferred
- At least ten years relevant work experience in treasury, banking, risk management and/or corporate finance
- Strong analytical, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, and an ability to effectively collaborate across the organization
- Motivated self-starter, able to handle significant and varied workloads
- Creative, flexible and adaptive
- Lateral thinker
Paramount is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. Interested candidates who have the required qualifications and wish to apply may submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.