At Paramount Resources Ltd. we’re driven by a passion to be the best. Paramount is dynamic, fast-moving and not content with the status quo. A combination of focused approach, technical expertise and financial depth has propelled us into one of the top exploration and production companies in Canada. We’ve been in business since 1978 and our most recent acquisition of Apache Canada Ltd. and merger with Trilogy Energy Corp. have us poised for tremendous growth.
While our continued progress can be attributed to many factors, our people are the primary reason for Paramount’s success. Our premium land positions, diversified portfolio and financial flexibility set the stage for our talented teams to showcase their proven ability to deliver top-tier results.
We demonstrate a culture of operational excellence and deliver on our promises. Paramount takes pride in our track record of protecting the environment while responsibly developing Canada’s natural resources, and strives to instill high EH&S standards at all levels of operations. We understand that economic development is a key factor in building strong communities and we are committed to fostering a culture that respects the people involved in all facets of our work and in the communities in which we operate.
Paramount is involved and invested in many community groups, and the pillars of our corporate giving – healthcare, education and recreation – help provide the tools to build strong communities.
Be part of the energy – join Paramount today!
We’re a Canadian company based in Calgary, Alberta, and our shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol POU.
About this Opportunity
This 6 - month contract support role within the Information Services Department reports to the IS Operations Manager and will support the company, assisting and trouble-shooting for a variety of business units. This role has the potential for a contract extension and potential to become full-time.
The IS Operations team is looking for an enterprising, diligent, self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills to support the business by providing high-quality customer service to various departments within the company.
- Provide functional support to employees in areas such as configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software and peripheral devices
- Diagnose and resolve problems associated with software and operating systems; determine the source of issues and classify them based on priority level and urgency
- Document incidents in the ticket management system (Service Now) and escalate issues to the IS team, as required
- Create and modify user accounts
- Work collaboratively with a small team
- Communicate effectively with employees to understand and efficiently solve their issues
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite 2013/ O365 and Windows 10
- Familiar with Dell, HP and Lenovo hardware
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, detail oriented, self-starter, able to work well in a team environment
- Quick learner, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for problem-solving and management of business requests
- Comfort in a Citrix and Pulse environment considered an asset
- Familiarity with Service Now is an asset
- Experience in Oil & Gas considered an asset
Paramount is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. Interested candidates who have the required qualifications and wish to apply may submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Paramount invites all qualified applicants to apply before the closing date of August 2, 2019.