At Paramount Resources Ltd. we’re driven by a passion to be the best. Paramount is dynamic, fast-moving and not content with the status quo. A combination of focused approach, technical expertise and financial depth has propelled us into one of the top exploration and production companies in Canada. We’ve been in business since 1978 and our most recent acquisition of Apache Canada Ltd. and merger with Trilogy Energy Corp. have us poised for tremendous growth.
While our continued progress can be attributed to many factors, our people are the primary reason for Paramount’s success. Our premium land positions, diversified portfolio and financial flexibility set the stage for our talented teams to showcase their proven ability to deliver top-tier results.
We demonstrate a culture of operational excellence and deliver on our promises. Paramount takes pride in our track record of protecting the environment while responsibly developing Canada’s natural resources, and strives to instill high EH&S standards at all levels of operations. We understand that economic development is a key factor in building strong communities and we are committed to fostering a culture that respects the people involved in all facets of our work and in the communities in which we operate.
Paramount is involved and invested in many community groups, and the pillars of our corporate giving – healthcare, education and recreation – help provide the tools to build strong communities.
Be part of the energy – join Paramount today!
We’re a Canadian company based in Calgary, Alberta, and our shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol POU.
About this Opportunity:
Reporting to the General Counsel & Corporate Secretary and working out of the Calgary Head Office, this position focuses on providing ongoing legal support to our key business groups, including midstream and marketing, business development, land and upstream operations. The successful candidate will provide advice on a broad range of oil and gas and commercial matters and contribute his or her expertise on acquisitions and divestitures and litigation management.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing ongoing legal advice, counsel and direction to key business groups
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, including midstream, joint venture, construction and supply chain contracts
- Assisting with acquisitions and divestitures, litigation management and the development and application of corporate policies and procedures
- Working with senior and mid-level management on legal matters affecting their groups
- Maintaining a business focus consistent with the Company’s Core Values and a lawyer’s professional, legal and ethical obligations
- Keeping the General Counsel apprised of significant developments in the above-mentioned areas
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS & MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
An LLB/JD degree and membership in good standing with the Law Society of Alberta is required.
ideal candidate will have 5 to 15 years of oil & gas and commercial law experience gained in a law firm or in-house counsel role in the energy industry.
PRIMARY PERFORMANCE & LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES/COMPETENCIES:
- Requires strong drafting skills
- Must be a highly motivated and responsive self-starter, able to multi-task with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Able to adapt and change in a high paced environment
- Possess a willingness to take on additional matters as the opportunity or need arises
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities and a high-level of initiative are critical
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to move projects forward Proven reputation for honesty, integrity, maturity, sound business judgement and high ethical standards
Paramount is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce.
Interested candidates who have the required qualifications and wish to apply may submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Paramount invites all qualified applicants to apply before June 7, 2019.
About this Opportunity
Located in Fox Creek, AB and reporting to the Manager, Integrity, the Field Integrity Technician supports the Pipeline Integrity Management (PIM) Program related activities undertaken by the Operations and PIM Team in their efforts to operate and manage the pipeline infrastructures in a safe and regulatory compliant manner.
Job functions will involve:
- Update and maintain electronic Pipeline Integrity Management (PIM) records/document management system
- Initiate/build and track work orders and preventive maintenance tasks for activities related to the PIM Program in Maximo.
- Gather and manage all data required to conduct pipeline risk assessments in Cenozon; schedule annual assessments and attend review meetings with field operations; initiate/build and track work orders and distribute corrective action tasks
- Support the annual inspection for corrosion mitigation process by inputting corrosion mitigation details into Cenozon
- Initiate/build and track work orders for pipeline corrosion mitigation chemical batch programs in Maximo; schedule monthly reviews of chemical treatment programs.
- Initiate/build and track work orders for repairs originating from cathodic protection vendors' quarterly deficiency reports and escalate any repairs, if needed.
- Gather and provide pipeline information in support of operations' requests for information.
- Provide or collect the pipeline information in support of the regulator related queries and audits.
- Assist in the management of water crossing depth of cover inspections and file the reports.
- Attend meetings as required in support of the POMM/PIM Program reviews.
- Assist the corporate PIM team in document creation and editing
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of a work order system, such as Maximo, would be beneficial
- Knowledge of AER rules and regulations would be beneficial
- Basic understanding of corrosion would be beneficial
- Basic knowledge of programs used by Paramount, like: Abadata, Cenozon would be beneficial
- Benefits of Joining the Paramount Team
Paramount is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. Interested candidates who have the required qualifications and wish to apply may submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Paramount invites all qualified applicants to apply before the closing date of June 4, 2019.